Haulage Insurance

Insurance for Hauliers by Prosura

If you transport stock and equipment to single destinations, be they in the UK or across Europe, you’ve got enough to deal with without wanting to spend hours worrying about appropriate haulage insurance.

That’s why Prosura exists. We’re here to offer a friction free service with advice and access to a range of policies from a whole host of leading UK haulage insurers. Don’t just insure it – Prosura it!

What should be included on a Haulage Insurance policy?

No matter whether you’re an owner driver, fleet operator or specialist haulier carrying refrigerated good across Europe, it’s important to have the right cover in place. If you run a haulier business with vehicles between 3.5 and 44 tones, including skip trucks, tankers and car transporters, we’ll be able to help source the cover you need – without the hassle.

Just like with most other insurance for vehicles, there are 3 classes of cover for the lorry itself:

Third Party Only HGV Insurance

Third Party only covers you for damage done to other vehicles, people and their property in the event of an accident. It will not pay to fix your truck or property – something you should consider where your truck is not only valuable, but needed for you to be able to work.

Third Party Fire and Theft (TPFT)

This provides the cover available under TPO, but also covers costs in the event that your HGV is damaged in a fire or is stolen.

Fully Comprehensive HGV Insurance

Comprehensive insurance provides you with peace of mind that comes from knowing that the cost of damage, repair or replacement where your truck is in an accident is also covered. Some policies may also offer cover for personal possessions in your truck.

What else might a haulage company need to think about when it comes to insurance?

In addition to insuring the lorry (or fleet of lorries) you’ll also want to think about protecting yourself from costs in a range of other circumstances – the most common is something that all motorists have experienced at some point: a breakdown. Haulage breakdown cover protects you and your drivers from unnecessary hassle and costs in the event that the vehicle needs roadside recovery and repair. Where appropriate, this can be extended to European cover.

A breakdown will inevitably mean a delay to your journey, and depending on the nature of the goods you are carrying (or your contract with their owner) could have serious implications. You can take out insurance to protect you from costs associated with delayed delivery of goods.

Goods in transit cover will protect you from costs in the event that the products you’re carrying, whether your own or for a third party, are lost, damaged or stolen.

Where you have staff and other drivers working for you, Employers Liability Insurance is a legal requirement in the UK, and you’ll need to take out at least the minimum £5m compulsory cover. It’s also worth taking out Public Liability cover at the same time.

Speak with one of our advisors today and we’ll be happy to provide advice and a no obligation quote with all the cover that you need to protect your business adequately.

Why choose Prosura to buy Haulage Insurance?

We’re here to make sure your business stays on the road. We’ll take care of your haulage insurance needs so you can focus on the things you need to.

We also give all our Haulage Insurance Clients free access to PROSURA Digital Lawyer, saving them hundreds of pounds a year on Legal Fees.

When it comes to placing your haulage insurance requirements, don’t just insure it, Prosura it.

Contact us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.