Van Insurance

Commercial Van Insurance with Prosura

If you drive a van for business reasons, for example carrying your own goods as a tradesman or delivering third party goods for hire and reward, you need a commercial van insurance policy.

At Prosura, we understand how busy you are, but also the importance of fully protecting your business activities so you can operate in complete confidence.

No matter what you use your van for, we can provide you with appropriate cover. Therefore, our specialist team will secure the very best insurance for your needs from a range of leading UK van insurance companies.

What level of Van Insurance do you need?

Van insurance always starts with one core cover: motor insurance. There are three levels of cover to choose from.

• Third party only (TPO) – This covers any damage you cause to other people and their property. It doesn’t cover repairs to your own van. This is the minimum cover needed (by law).

• Third party fire and theft (TPFT) – The same as TPO, but with cover for your work van if it’s stolen or damaged by fire.

• Comprehensive – This includes the cover you’d receive with TPFT, with added protection for your own van if you’re involved in a collision that’s your fault.

What can be included on a van insurance policy?

Assuming that you decide to buy Comprehensive cover, you can choose from a range of features and benefits to reflect your precise requirements. These can include:

  • Injury to third parties, their vehicles or belongings
  • Accident recovery cover
  • Courtesy van in the event that your own vehicle is damaged or stolen
  • Loss or theft of keys
  • European cover
  • Windows and windscreen protection
  • Personal accident
  • Personal possessions cover
  • Cover for built in navigation, audio and entertainment equipment

So, speak with one of our advisors today. We’ll be able to recommend appropriate types and levels of cover and match you with a suitable policy from a leading insurer.

What types of specialist van insurance are available?

Carriage of own goods

If you work as a tradesman, using your own van to transport tools and stock, you will benefit from Own Goods insurance cover. Likewise, this applies to anyone who drives between more than one place of work while carrying their own equipment.

Moreover, cover can be arranged to protect personal items as well as your business assets.

Carriage of goods for hire and reward

If your job involves driving a work van to make multiple deliveries to various different locations, you will need carriage of goods for hire and reward cover. For instance, if your deliveries include everyday items such as takeaway food and parcels. However, this type of cover won’t protect you from transporting high-risk items, hazardous goods, or furniture.

On the other hand, it’ll cover the loss, or damage of your courier van due to theft, fire, or vandalism; legal fees, personal accidents, and medical expenses in the event of a motoring incident. In addition, it provides cover should your business activity cause damage or loss to a third-party. It could also protect the goods that you transport, depending on the cover you select.

Therefore, it’s important to obtain the right type of insurance for your work as a courier. Firstly, to make sure you stay on the right side of the law, but also, to make sure that you’re properly protected should you need to make a claim.

Why compare Courier Van Insurance Quotes with Prosura?

Thus, Prosura prides itself on being an independent insurance broker, with access to a broad range of insurers to curate a tailored product that’ll exceed your expectations.

Our high-quality van insurance offering is built on years of experience and in-depth industry knowledge, delivered to you in a simple, jargon-free way.

Therefore, to get your bespoke commercial van insurance in place, please don’t hesitate to contact the team at Prosura today.

Contact us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.