Home & Contents Insurance

Home and Contents Insurance with Prosura

Home and contents insurance offers peace of mind that your home and its contents are protected should the worst happen.

Our home insurance brokers work with a wide range of top quality home insurance providers to deliver the most suitable home contents insurance for your requirements.

Whether you need a comprehensive home insurance policy as a homeowner, or contents only insurance as a tenant, we’d be delighted to hear from you.

What is Home Insurance?

House insurance financially protects your home and its contents from damage and theft.

If your home was damaged or destroyed by fire, flood, or storm, your home insurance would cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your property.

Burst pipes, roof damage from falling trees, subsidence, and vandalism are also covered by home insurance.

Should your property suffer a burglary, your home insurance would help to cover the cost of replacing stolen items.

Who needs Home and Contents Insurance?

It’s not a legal requirement to have home insurance, however, it makes good sense to buy home insurance regardless of your living status.

Homeowners insurance

If you have a mortgage on your property, it’s normally a condition of the loan to have home building insurance for the duration of your mortgage. Building and contents insurance can be purchased together to insure your property and the contents within it under one policy.

Homeowners could be looking for new home insurance, specialist home insurance for a listed or non-standard construction building, or temporary home insurance while they complete renovation work on their own property.

Our specialist home insurance brokers work hard to secure the most suitable home insurance quotes from a range of top quality home insurance providers.

Insurance for tenants

As a renter, your landlord is responsible for insuring the building and its permanent fixtures and fittings with building insurance. However, you’ll benefit from home insurance (contents only) to safeguard your personal belongings.

Landlord insurance

As a landlord, you’ll want adequate home insurance for your rental property.

You are responsible for insuring the structure of the building and its permanent fixtures and fittings with building insurance. If you rent a furnished property, you may also wish to obtain homeowners insurance for personal property.

Insurance for holiday homeowners

Home insurance also applies to holiday homeowners. However, a specialist type of cover is required to cover the differing risks a holiday home is exposed to. For example, a holiday home will have periods when it’s vacant, and stretches of activity when paying guests and friends and family stay.

It’s important to have personal liability home insurance to cover your liabilities towards others who visit or use your holiday home.

What type of Home Insurance do I need?

Home insurance encompasses two types of cover: contents insurance and building insurance. They can be bought as two separate policies or together as a comprehensive home insurance policy.

Building insurance covers the structure of your property and any permanent fixtures and fittings. It’s a homeowners responsibility to obtain building insurance, so if you’re a tenant, this won’t apply to you.

Contents insurance covers your personal belongings, i.e. everything you’d take with you if you moved house.

If you require both home building and contents insurance, it’s often more straightforward to purchase a combined policy with one home insurance provider. However, our brokers will compare building and contents insurance quotes on your behalf to make sure you’re getting the best deal.

What else do I need to consider with Home and Contents Insurance?

We all use our homes in different ways and have different approaches to our insurance needs, which is one of the reasons why it’s good to use a home insurance broker such as Prosura.

Maybe you want home insurance with boiler cover, or you want to add home appliance insurance to your policy. Perhaps it’s important for you to have garage contents insurance, or home liability insurance, if you have help at home.

Whatever your requirements, our experienced brokers will take the time to compare house and contents insurance cover to secure a policy best suited to your needs.

Some of the optional extras we can include are:

  • Home emergency cover
  • Accidental damage
  • Legal protection
  • Away-from-home cover
  • Cover for the boiler
  • Cover for pedal cycles
  • Cover for your garden, garage, or outbuildings
  • Alternative accommodation

What’s the average home insurance cost?

When looking to buy home insurance, it can be tempting to select cheap building insurance or cheap contents insurance, but it’s important to compare the details. Finding out your cover isn’t quite what you thought when you come to make a claim can be devastating.

Our knowledgable and experienced team will compare house and contents insurance for you, to make sure that your home insurance quote is appropriate and sufficient for your needs.

Why compare Home and Contents Insurance with Prosura?

Prosura prides itself on being an independent insurance broker, with access to a broad range of insurers to curate a tailored product that’ll exceed your expectations.

Our high-quality home and contents insurance is built on years of experience in the insurance sector and in-depth industry knowledge, delivered to you in a simple, jargon-free way.

To compare home and contents insurance quotes with the specialist home insurance brokers at Prosura, please get in touch today.

Contact us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.