Specialist Home Insurance

Specialist House Insurance with Prosura

If you live in a unique property, a home of non-standard construction, or a property that has previously suffered subsidence, you will need specialist house insurance for your home to be fully protected.

Our specialist home insurance brokers work with a wide range of top quality insurers to deliver the most suitable house insurance for your circumstances.

Whether you need listed building home insurance, house insurance for timber framed houses, thatched cottage insurance, or insurance for a property with subsidence history, please do get in touch with our experienced team.

What is Specialist House Insurance?

Specialist house insurance protects your property from the cost of damage to its structure and contents, just as a standard home insurance policy would.

However, some properties are considered to be unconventional, either due to their construction, the property type, or its condition.

These properties require specialist house insurance as they are thought to be riskier to insure and/or would require a more expensive payout in the event of a claim.

It can be slightly more tricky to insure properties that aren’t considered ‘mainstream’, but our experienced brokers can tailor your policy to make sure you get the right cover for your needs, offering you complete peace of mind.

Who needs Specialist House Insurance?

If you live in a ‘non-standard’ home, regular home insurance will not offer your property sufficient cover in the event you need to make a claim.

A ‘non-standard’ home can refer to the type of home you live in, its construction, or its condition.

Property type

We provide bespoke cover for those in need of listed building home insurance and/or appropriate house insurance for thatched properties.

It’s quite typical to find the average cost of listed building insurance to be greater than standard cover due to the materials and specialist skills that would be required in the event of a claim.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch today for your listed building insurance quote.

Property construction

Our specialist home insurance brokers can also arrange tailored building insurance for non standard construction properties, including:

  • Home insurance for timber framed buildings
  • Timber clad house insurance
  • Insurance for flat roof homes
  • Fibreglass roof insurance

Property condition

We are also experienced in securing appropriate cover for properties that can prove more difficult to insure.

This includes insurance for properties with subsidence history (or those in need of underpinned house insurance), as well as those looking for landslip insurance.

What type of Specialist House Insurance do I need?

As with standard home insurance, specialist house insurance encompasses two types of cover: contents insurance and building insurance.

  • Building insurance covers the structure of your property and any permanent fixtures and fittings.
  • Contents insurance covers your personal belongings, i.e. everything you’d take with you if you moved house.

These products can be bought as two separate policies or as a combined policy. It’s often more straightforward and cost-effective to purchase a combined policy with one home insurance provider. However, our brokers will compare quotes on your behalf to make sure you receive the best deal.

What does Specialist House Insurance cover?

Specialist house insurance will protect your home and its contents against damage and theft.

If your home was damaged or destroyed by fire, flood, or storm, your home insurance would cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your property.

Burst pipes, roof damage from falling trees, and vandalism are also examples of events that would be covered by specialist house insurance.

Should your property suffer a burglary, house insurance would help to cover the cost of replacing stolen items.

Should you wish, we can include optional extras within your insurance quote too. For example:

  • Accidental damage
  • Legal protection
  • Away-from-home cover
  • Cover for the boiler
  • Cover for pedal cycles
  • Cover for your garden, garage, or outbuildings
  • Alternative accommodation

Whatever your requirements, our experienced brokers will take the time to compare specialist house insurance cover on your behalf to secure a policy best suited to your needs.

Why contact the Specialist Home Insurance Brokers at Prosura?

Prosura prides itself on being an independent insurance broker, with access to a broad range of insurers to curate a tailored product that’ll exceed your expectations.

Our high-quality specialist house insurance is built on years of experience in the insurance sector and in-depth industry knowledge, delivered to you in a simple, jargon-free way.

Please contact our specialist home insurance brokers today to discuss your requirements. We’d be delighted to be of service.

Contact us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.